BMW 520i E39 is a generation of BMW 5th series that is sold between 2001 and 2004. Series 520i E39 was introduced to the public as a facelift version for filling vacant positions between the 528i and 523i.
In addition to this model, at the time the BMW also introduced another model, namely the 525i and 530i.
BMW 520i E39 is a middle class premium sedan, its offering the latest technology engines, which had been carrying the double VANOS camshaft technology that has a better performance than the BMW engine which is still use single VANOS camshaft.
The exterior of the BMW E39 520i
BMW 520i E39 has the quite unique exterior, it can be seen from the design of the body that is rounded and a line extending at the core. On the front, the main lights used look narrow, and there is a pair of round-shaped fog lamps. Typical BMW styles can be seen from the grill with two slots and logo on the front of the hood.
The Interior of the BMW E39 520i
The sophistication of the BMW indeed cannot be disputable, this can be seen from the features embedded in the cabin. BMW 520i E39 has been equipped with a variety of features that you can not found on other cars. But unfortunately, a feature that is not yet as complete as 525i and 530i – both introduced in 2001.
BMW 520i E39 engine performance
BMW 520i E39 provided with engine capacity of 2.2 liters with code M54B22. This capable of producing a maximum power of 170 HP at 6,100 RPM and peak torque 210 Nm at 3,500 RPM. Double VANOS camshaft technology brings the better performances to this car.
The impression and the handling of BMW 520i E39
Agility in the maneuver is one of the most prominent characteristics on each cars thats made by BMW, especially in the E39 series. Although it has a fairly heavy weights, but the handling is very easy to done. The round shape of this car makes it more aerodynamic and more stable when its drove in high speed.
BMW 520i E39 specifications
- Engine: 2.2-liter M54B20 double VANOS camshaft
- Configuration: six-cylinder 24 valve DOHC i4
- Output power: 170 HP @ 6,100 RPM
- Peak torque: 210 NM @ 3,500 RPM
- Bore x Stroke: 80mm x 72 mm Nikkor
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Transmission: manual 5 acceleration and automatic streptonic 5 accelerations.
- Safety features: ABS, ASC, Airbags
- Sales: 2001-2004.
Price of used BMW 520i E39
The price of the former offered to model this one quite diverse, all depending on the condition of the car in nifty thing whether or not treatment is done. The prices offered ranged from 8.000 to 12.000 US dollars.
BMW 520i E39 Pros
- Interesting exteriors and luxurious interior
- Spacy and comfortable cabin
- Good safety features
- The most efficient fuel usage among all E39 model
BMW 520i E39 Cons
- Engines is less responsive
- The cabin features are categorized as standard
- Electrical features often damaged (age factors)
- Maintenance and spare parts fair is expensive
If you have more budget, it is strongly recommended to take other models that having the larger-engine, because these machines tend to under powered to prop up does it weigh so heavily.